MDDHosting Forums

Website for a podcast (Wordpress?)

Deca

Hello everybody,

I have minimal experience of making a website but could probably put some time and energy into it if needed. However, me and a few friends of mine plan on starting a podcast. Would you recommend me using Wordpress for creating a website for the podcast or should I make one from scratch myself? Pros and cons? I am not planning to make anything fancy with the website; I just want it to be functional and, preferably, accessible via and easy-to-use on mobile devices.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for the help.

I won't have a lot on the website. I'd like to keep it pretty much as simple as possible.

I'll probably update it every now and then when I make a new podcast, but that's about it.

Why would you recommend me not using Wordpress if I'm not going to change it that much? (Keep in mind that I don't have a lot of experience making websites).

I won't have a lot on the website. I'd like to keep it pretty much as simple as possible.

I'll probably update it every now and then when I make a new podcast, but that's about it.

Why would you recommend me not using Wordpress if I'm not going to change it that much? (Keep in mind that I don't have a lot of experience making websites).

Using a CMS is unnecessary for mostly static websites. Having everything in plain html/css would make your site "lighter" so to speak.

But yeah since you are going to update frequently and you said you aren't that experienced, then WP is the way to go :)